- Members of the Virginia Downtown Development Association, as well as non-members, are invited to submit entries.
- Submissions are limited to one (1) entry per award category.
- Projects, programs or other historic downtown revitalization efforts must have been completed between January 1, 2012 and December 31, 2012 to be eligible.
- Individuals are eligible for recognition based on an ongoing commitment or recent effort.
- Entries must involve historic, traditional, pedestrian-oriented commercial districts. New town centers are not eligible.
- Representative must be present at Awards of Excellence dinner to accept award.
Project or Activity Award Applications Should...
- Describe the project concept, formulation and goals.
- Describe the project implementation and financing/funding.
- New construction entries must demonstrate proper infill design techniques which adds to the health and vibrancy of the surrounding downtown streetscape.
- Highlight the quantitative and qualitative results of the project.
- Describe the impact on the downtown community and how the project has served as a catalyst for other renewal efforts.
- Emphasize innovation, success, efficient use of resources, and adaptability to other communities.
- Include visuals such as renderings, plans and photographs with emphasis on before and after views.
Commitment Award Application Should...
- Discuss the individual's background, role and nature of involvement with a project, organization or event.
- Describe how this person's leadership was pivotal to the success of a project, organization or event.
- Emphasis should be placed on the level and impact of the nominee's commitment and leadership.
- Complete a separate entry form for each nomination.
- Submit six copies of each nomination described thoroughly and succintly (i.e. nomination text only, no supplemental materials).
- Include 150 word project summary to be read at awards ceremony.
- Include one map of revitalization district with project area clearly identified.
- Electronic media (i.e. nomination text, project summary, before/after .jpg images).
NOTE: IMAGES WILL BECOME THE PROPERTY OF VDDA AND WILL NOT BE RETURNED.
Entry Fee: $50 for non-members.
Entries Postmarked by Friday, March 15, 2013 or hand delievered on same date by 5:00 p.m.
Send Entries to:
Virginia Downtown Development Association C/O Robin Morrison, Chapter Administrator 3720 Parchment Circle, Richmond VA 23233